Definitions and Interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Woodside Books via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Woodside Books, we or us: Woodside Books, a company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is at 20 Westcombe, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8GH;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and it not either (i) employed by Woodside Books
and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Woodside Books and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services, and;
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.woodsidebooks.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entitles, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code;
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- 8 A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
- We collect the above information to contact you in relation to the enquiry you submitted and store this information on our secure, cloud based CMS for Internal Record Keeping. At any time you can request details of personal information which we hold on you and/or request to have the information removed from our servers. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please either email email@example.com or write to:
20 Westcombe, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8GH;
Any personal information you provide to us via the forms on our websites will never be passed on, sold, or rented to anyone.
Our use of Data
- Woodside Books is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data the data you submit until you instruct us to delete.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principals of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that nay be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, or post. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
Third party websites and services
- Woodside Books may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
- We will not share your personal Data with any other organisations for marketing, market research, or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to third party websites.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instance, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict or use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for directing marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Sending information over the internet is, generally, not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk.